- The Wife and I were looking at old photographs over the weekend. It’s amazing how much clothing and hair styles have changed. Especially since the 90s don’t seem that long ago in our mind.
- I was super busy yesterday; mostly because it was cool and windy on Saturday so I crammed everything into one day.
- For once, I’m not drowning in work. But only because I’m waiting on things from other people. Then I’m right back to the same old situation.
- My next-door neighbor still cuts his grass even though he has a lawn service. So, for the last few weeks, it’s been mowed four times a week. I’m not sure why he can’t wait. Especially since they always seem to come out the day after he cuts it.
I performed yet another WordPress upgrade. I really don’t like the way new security releases just happen without warning. And, since its security release for an open source application, you need to install it sooner rather than later so that you aren’t left vulnerable to a bot looking for unprotected systems. It would be much better if there was a specific schedule like Windows updates. Did I just say that? But, at least the 2nd Tuesday of the month is predictable. Anyway, nothing seems to be broken; but, please leave us a comment if you discover anything.
Have a great weekend.
Being on vacation for a couple of days last week has made this week seem much longer than usual. Plus, I always seem to be in more of a rush than normal. Thankfully, spring has spring and we’ve (mostly) got warm weather and sunny days to look forward to. Summer is just starting; but, I know in a few months we’ll be looking back and wonder where summer has gone. We’re zooming up upon our pool opening and we can’t wait. When we can look out at the sun over the pool in our backyard summer will have fully arrived.
Happy Tax Day everyone. (If such a thing is possible.) We’re definitely very glad that days like today only come around once a year. Signing and mailing big checks is not something I want to do very often.
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- Even though we had a short week, the weekend definitely was not long enough. They never are; but this one seemed busy even though we didn’t really have much to do.
- I am very happy I got new outdoor power equipment last year. I was able to get through the yard on Saturday without the mower bogging down even though the grass was taller than normal.
- The “temporary” dog who now just visits was well behaved this past weekend. She’s definitely not a puppy anymore. But, she still thinks that this is her permanent home.
- I mailed out taxes today. We always owe since that’s how we plan things so we always wait until (almost) the deadline. But it still doesn’t make it any more palatable.
We’re home now and had a great time; but the one mildly “annoying” things about our trip was how many people in LARGE power boats ignored the many “No Wake Zone” signs. Especially considering how many easily swamped water craft were on the water. It would have only take them a few minutes extra to travel through the zone; but, apparently, that was too much trouble. Some idiots were actually at full throttle.
Our camera took five photographs and stopped right at the start of our photo session so we didn’t have many pictures to choose from this week. We’ll probably be reaching into the way-back machine for the rest of this week’s photographs. Or perhaps we’ll do some re-takes. Our technology problems never seem to stop. Thankfully, this is a much more fun problem to have.