- I gained a LOT of weight this time last year so I’ve sworn off Halloween candy. I don’t want to have to start a strict diet.
- I just received the new boxing gloves I ordered. I know that there are like shoes and other athletic equipment; but, I forgot how much of their cushioning they lose when they get old. They definitely needed to be replaced.
- I’ve been looking for a “dishwasher safe” coffee cup recently. A purchase that is amazingly hard to find. Generally, either the lid or the body but not both can be put in the dishwasher which makes it a very difficult item to search for.
- The wife and I made sure to get out and row today even though we both had to rearrange our schedules. Except for a warm weekend here and there, the season is basically over next week after the time change.
No Friday vacation for us this week; but we’ve still got a busy weekend planned. The cold winter days were all we do is sit inside and watch movies on Blu-ray disk are fast approaching. We love watching movies in our home theater; but would still rather be outside. So, while the weather is good or mostly good, we’re going to get out and enjoy it. Have a great Halloween weekend.
I’m still struggling with the broken hard drive that I can’t read files from. I’m not out of ideas; but I am out of energy. It will still be there tomorrow. I hate leaving things undone; but, perhaps I’ll have better luck in the morning. Anyway, here is the rest of this week’s video. Enjoy.
I ordered something online from a merchant with whom I regularly buy things from and did NOT receive an email confirmation of my purchase. I don’t understand why some business have broken web sites. They certainly don’t have any problem emailing me advertisements. Definitely not how I would run my business.
I’ve spent most of the evening after our photo session trying to recover data from a failing laptop hard drive without success. Usually I don’t have any problems; but this drive has been particularly stubborn. I don’t like things I can’t fix. It’s already much later than I would like. Hopefully I’ll be able to declare victory soon. Of course, I took a break from tinkering to transcode a video.
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- Sunday was breezy but still sunny and warm so I cut the grass except in one area where the ground was still too wet from all the rain we had last week. I don’t cut the grass during the week anymore since there isn’t much sunlight and we would rather be doing something fun. We’ll be preparing for winter in a few weeks anyway.
- The drain in a sink in the master bathroom was clogged and needed to be cleaned out which wasn’t difficult except for the terrible smell since I had to remove the trap. I’m pretty handy around the house which is good. But sometimes, I kinda wish I wasn’t
- Our oldest vehicle was in the shop and needed a part that is difficult to find. It’s been relatively reliable; but I’m wondering how much longer it will be repairable. It’s much older than our other cars.
- I took our last CRT TV away to be recycled today. In the world of touch screen LCDs, it’s amazing how primitive “technology” used to be.
The wife and I were on vacation again today. Unfortunately, it was cold and blustery outside so we couldn’t get out and enjoy the sun since there wasn’t any. Saturday is more of the same; but Sunday is supposed to be bright and sunny. Still, we enjoy our long fall weekends since we know that winter is right around the corner. Have a great weekend. See you on the other side.
Both our mobile phones are weirding out and rapidly switching back and forth between 4G and 3G to which totally drains their batteries. Restarting “fixes” the problem assuming we notice before the battery is completely dead. This is the second or third time that the same thing has happened. What a nuisance.
Our camera died after taking only a few pictures so we didn’t have many photographs to choose from this week. We hadn’t had any problems for recently until now. I guess that means getting a new one moves higher on … Continue reading