I could not be happier to start a vacation. Amazingly, someone I work with actually asked what was my plan (and expected schedule) for completing a task while I was away from the office! I simply answered the question; but, there was much I didn’t say. The work and all of the people with unrealistic expectations will be there in January so I’ll worry about it then. Today, I’m going to enjoy a very well deserved vacation/staycation.
The (work) year is almost over for me. I can hardly wait ’til tomorrow afternoon when I begin my two weeks away from it all. I won’t even care if it’s still freezing cold. Just not having anywhere to go … Continue reading
It was 3-degrees when I woke up this morning which made me “glad” that I’ve partly given up on the unheated gym that I’m a long-time customer at, and made alternate arrangements for my workouts. I’ll likely go back when the weather is consistently warmer; but, I just haven’t been getting as good wintertime workouts as I would like. I have sympathy for the owner since the lack of heat is beyond his control. But, not that much.
It was good that reconfigured my outdoor power equipment for the winter last week since we had the first significant snowfall of the season today. The temperature was dropping rapidly, so it was nice to be able to clear the driveway so quickly. I don’t mind shoveling by hand; But it does take a lot longer. And this wasn’t the sort of night to be outside any longer than necessary.
- I spent most of Saturday working on the one old car that we still own. The Wife and I have “new” vehicles but the kids still have our hand-me-downs. And one of the them is old! It’s no big deal in the grand scheme of life; but, I would have liked to relax instead of needing to work on things.
- I’m glad I rearranged the garage for ease of access to the snow blower. It didn’t snow enough over the weekend to need it; but, with snow on the ground, grass-cutting season is definitely over. Even if the grass is a bit higher than I would like.
- My new car has a heated steering wheel. I thought that it was kinda a useless accessory when we first got the vehicle. But; I’ve found it very useful now that it has turned colder.
- Amazon Drive (which is “free” with my Prime membership) finally added auto-sync capability to its desktop client. It’s actually pretty handy since I their smart phone apps are better suited to the way I use my phone than some of the other cloud storage clients.
I went to an informal Christmas party today. It was great catching up with old friends. I ended up staying longer than I planned, in part, because I was thinking about people who were at holiday events last year that are no longer with us anymore. I hope that it’s not the case; but I will probably spend some time over the holidays with someone who will not be with us to celebrate in 2017. It’s sad when I think about it. So, I don’t. Instead, I just enjoy the time we have. Tomorrow is never a given; but, for a long time, I thought it was. I wish I would have come to that realization sooner.
I recently updated to the latest version of WordPress. Hopefully there won’t be any issues; but, if there are, please let us know. It has a few “features” that some might consider bugs. And, I’m sure, a few issues that will result in another update; likely before Christmas. Anyway, we hope you enjoy the photos and that your browsing experience is error free.
I was on a three-hour conference call today for something that should have taken 30-mintes at the most. Sometimes I really wonder if people have any idea how incompetent they are. A few things are really, really hard. But, many things are totally straight-forward and easy to understand. I just always seem to end up working with the people that have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Is it time for Christmas vacation yet?
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- I reconfigured my outdoor power equipment from grass cutting mode to snow blowing mode even though the lawn could/should be mowed one more time. It’s cold enough outside that I really don’t see myself cutting the grass until next spring.
- I joined a new gym today even though I still workout in my old one. It doesn’t have the character; but it’s much better managed. That shouldn’t make a big difference; but it does.
- This past summer was fabulous so the onset of winter seems especially miserable. I know that it can’t be summertime year around; but it’s the recent cold temperatures somehow seem worse after having warm weather until mid-November.
- I know what I’m getting almost everyone for Christmas even though I haven’t bought it all yet. My immediate family is really easy to shop for. Unfortunately, that is not the case for all of my relatives. Thankfully I’ve still got a couple of weeks.