I just upgraded a WordPress plugin which totally broke this site. I had to delete and reinstall in order to get things working. I knew what caused the issue so it was easy to fix. But I wonder about all of the people who have automatic updates turned on. They would have had no idea what happened. Anyway, here is another video to kick off the weekend. It’s not a long weekend for us; but we still have a busy couple of days planned. Have a great, and hopefully three-day weekend.
Now that it is finally working, our upgraded internet service does make it easier to upload video to this blog. And perhaps we can do a few things online that we didn’t have the speed to do before. We won’t be able to use the cloud like people on the coasts. But it should make the things we can do more efficient.
P.S. Still no sound.
The Wife and I have been busy enjoying the summer and haven’t had time to experiment with ways to reduce background noise in our videos. So, we’re posting a silent movie. Obviously, that’s not the long-term solution; but, it has been a while since we posted a video. It doesn’t make up for the lack of sound but the video is higher resolution than normal.
Our camera shut off for some unknow reason when we were making a movie so we only have the beginning, unfortunately. It wasn’t the battery, it just stopped recording. So, you’ll have to use your imagination for what happens next. Even though there really isn’t a model that appeals to us, it’s looking more and more like we need a replacement.
Here is a short video of the most important part of the preparation for a photo session—The Wife inserting her diaphragm. It’s getting harder and harder to find the appropriate supplies; but it still works well for us which is the most important thing.
As you might expect, since we were making a longer movie, there’s a part 2. On Friday, we’ll post pictures or video of the beginning.
My goal for this week was to determine which one of the camera batteries was the “good” one. The easiest way was to try and make a video and see if records in its entirety or cuts off. It did record OK. Which is good and means that I picked the right battery. Unfortunately, we still have the same problem with the sound. The bed is not quite as loud. But, repositioning the camera didn’t make as much difference as I hoped. What do you think. Does it seem like an improvement?
Here is a video of one of our more typical methods of preparation. Unfortunately, we do not have the reverse. Maybe next week. I’m kinda annoyed that I lost the battery.
I seem to have misplaced our”good” camera battery after I took it off the charger. I don’t misplace things that often, and I am usually pretty good at finding things when I do. But I didn’t realize it was missing until I noticed that the battery compartment was empty when I was reinserting the memory card and there wasn’t a lot of time to look for it. So, I did not get to work as much on videos this week as I planned since the camera battery died. Hopefully I’ll find it quickly. Meanwhile, I still have a few videos of our “preparations”.
We are still investigating the audio problem with our videos. Sound seems to be better equalized when the microphone is farther away from the sources. So, the next thing to try is repositioning the camera and use the zoom. Hopefully we’ll find a solution sooner rather than later. Meanwhile here is one if our test videos.