I picked up the early Christmas present we purchased on Black Friday. They charged for delivery so I had it shipped to the store. It cardio/exercise equipment so it was very heavy and not easy to get move. But, since I have an appropriate vehicle, in-store pickup was quicker and cheaper. It will be great to have on cold, dreary winter days. Have a great weekend.
I upgraded our photo editing program on Cyber Monday as I do every year or two and then couldn’t find any of the tools I use. It was somehow configured to start in the very basic “Essentials” perspective after the upgrade which hides most of the features. A minor hiccup, but it was a maddening search of all the different menu items to re-enable the more advanced “Complete” perspective.
Our microwave oven still works but sounds dreadful. We’re wondering whether to preemptively replace it or wait until it totally dies. The one that we want is special order both locally and online. And, surprisingly, the local stores can tell you exactly when they would expect to receive it unlike the online sellers who can only provide a broad range. It seems like it should be the other way around.
The season is still young, but the college basketball team we follow has some good players and is very entertaining to watch. We don’t usually have a lot of winning teams to cheer for. So, its good to still have … Continue reading
- I replaced the wall console for our garage door opener. I like to support the local parts store so that it will still be open in case I need something in a hurry; but it was a lot pricier than the same item online. I may have had second thoughts if it wasn’t a relatively inexpensive item.
- I actually got a large physical item in a post-Thanksgiving Day sale. That’s a rarity for me. Usually I only get small items or software. I’m glad I did; because, unlike some “sales” the price went back up. Its not her yet; but should be very useful when it arrives.
- Over the weekend when I was using a full-featured photo editor to add depth-of field to a photograph I took over Thanksgiving, I was thinking how pointless the “rich photo editing” capability of many online packages is. Having basic zoom, crop and resize functions is useful. But they are far too primitive for anything but simple edits.
- I cleaned the oven over the long-weekend. It wasn’t warm; but the house was still tolerable with a few windows open. We like to clean it around this time so that its not supper dirty in the depths of winter when it’s far too cold outside open any windows.
I’m not the biggest Black Friday shopper; but I still found some good online deals that were too good to pass up. I know it helps stores increase sales. But, if there’s an item that I’m considering purchasing, I’ll wait to see how much it costs in the post-Thanksgiving Day sales rather than buy it earlier. There are usually a few software packages where that is the only time that I get their yearly updates. On the other hand, if things were always more expensive, I might not buy them at all.
Have a great weekend.
I know someone who’s always creating new (free) email addresses; but never tells anyone she corresponds with until thy ask why she didn’t reply to an address that she doesn’t check any more. And, of course, she can never find anything she’s sent because she can’t remember when she sent it or what account she used. To say she is quite frustrating to interact with is an understatement.
I’ve been considering getting a fitness heart rate monitor to help alleviate some of the boredom of my long winter workouts. They would still be just as monotonous; but, perhaps some additional data to watch would help the time pass … Continue reading
- Looking forward to Thanksgiving and the 4-day weekend. Work has really ben raising my blood pressure recently. I also enjoy the “Rivalry Saturday” football games. One of the best weekends of the year for college football fans.
- The battery in my cell phone doesn’t last nearly as long as it used to. I’m not yet to the point where the phone seems old, slow and in need of replacement. But it doesn’t go all day on a charge anymore. Some of it is the battery. And some of it are a few battery-draining applications that I have recently uninstalled.
- The weather forecast doesn’t look promising for doing anything outside this week. I’m sure my next-door neighbor will bundle up and cut hos grass. But I’m done with yard work until spring.
- I’ve been getting a LARGE amount of spam at my oldest email address. Its actually rather annoying since it’s the only account I have that still works when I have server or network problems. It’s not some clever new variety of spam so I’m not sure what the problem with their mail filter is.