The wife and I are going out tonight and Saturday; and plan to relax around the house on Sunday since a gigantic snowstorm is coming. This weather this winter had been ridiculous. We’ve already had one of the highest snowfall totals ever. If we have a few more snowfalls, we’ll set an all-time record. Usually, weather is NOT news for us. But this year is different. If we didn’t plan around it, we could end up in a very bad situation. Anyway, here is a cute picture of the Wife from out latest photo session. It has absolutely nothing to do with the weather.
Monthly Archives: February 2014
Traditional Thursday #74
We watched another Blu-Ray we purchased online last night. It was a great diversion from an otherwise hectic week. It was a new release so it just showed up on our doorstep on Tuesday. I’m sure we’ll still buy movies … Continue reading
Wednesday Weirdness #74
Baseball season is around the corner even though its only 7°F outside. I know that the teams are training in Arizona and Florida; but, that won’t magically make it warmer when they came back north in a few weeks. The way this year has been going, there will probably still be snow on the ground. It was warm for a day or so this past weekend; but this endless winter just won’t go away. And spring sports still seem very far away.
Tuesday Two For #74
As we mentioned yesterday, The Wife and I have a lot more things than usual going on this week, so today’s post is a shorter (and much later) than a typical Tuesday post for us. Basically, just a couple of photos … Continue reading
Monday Monologue #74
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- I purchased some new music for the first time since before the holidays. I never noticed until a few days ago; but, for some reason, I don’t add to my media library when it’s cold. And conversely, I tend to but more music when it’s hot.
- The neighbor’s cat is really starting to get annoying. It’s always seems to do its business our yard; mostly because it’s been unsuccessfully trying to catch the rabbit(s) that live in our back yard. I’m not OK with either. The rabbit is harmless and reminds us of one that used to live under a tree at our first house. And the cat poops a lot. We’d really gotten used to not having neighbors on either side.
- We’ve got a lot of things going on this week so we decided to have our photo session today. We haven’t yet reviewed the pictures and decided which ones we want to post but; hopefully, we should do so sooner rather than later, depending upon how much editing is required.
- I determined why our Eye-Fi card didn’t want to download photographs. For some unknown reason, it completely lost all its settings, including when to download pictures automatically and where to save them. It started working again once I fixed the configuration. Our next camera is going to have built in wireless so it won’t be so finicky.
Friday Featurette #73
Somehow, I ended up with a LARGE sheet metal screw in one of my tires when I got home from work on Thursday. So, instead of a normal Friday, I started off the day with a trip to tire shop to have it patched, then skipped my regular lunchtime workout to help make up for lost time. Even so, I still got a late start on the weekend. The Wife and I have nothing to do this week except relax and forget about life for a while. (And enjoy the warmer weather even though we know it won’t last.)
I love these eyes in her new glasses.
Have a great weekend
Traditional Thursday #73
Today and the next few days are a very welcome respite from the normal February/March weather that is forecast for this weekend and beyond. The Wife was able to go outside and run and, for once, I didn’t have to … Continue reading
Wednesday Weirdness #73
I spent almost THREE hours “upgrading” to the same video driver that I already had installed. I tried updating to a newer version as I do periodically which, of course, crashed my computer. Then when I uninstalled it and did the required reboot, Window’s New Hardware Wizard reinstalled it which stared everything all over again. It took a long time and a lot of reboots to install a working driver. Computers are great if everything is works as expected. But, when there not, small issues cause big problems. It shouldn’t takes hours and dozens of reboots to roll back a defective driver.
Tuesday Two For #73
We like the red blanket that we got to go with the snow man sheets that are so appropriate for this winter so we’ll be leaving them on the bed until the weather gets warmer and we get something more … Continue reading
Monday Monologue #73
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- Misdelivered packages are a common occurrence and would not ordinarily be notable. Except when the package contains Gynol II Vaginal Contraceptive Gel and it’s delivered to your ultra-conservative next door neighbors who opened the envelope without checking who it was addressed to. They just re-sealed the envelope with a lot tape and put it in our mailbox on Sunday of rather than coming to our door.
- I often take a box of donuts to work for myself and a couple associates whom I work closely with. Last Wednesday, someone went into my cube and ate them all while I was out to lunch. And they weren’t sitting out in the open. They were in the corner with the rest of my personal stuff. It was very clear that they weren’t the sort of thing that people could help themselves too.
- I’ve used the remote start feature of my car more this year than all the other years I’ve had it combined. Sometimes, I don’t think about it until I’m on my way out; but, it’s been so cold that the frigid temperatures are omnipresent. It’s supposed to warm up later this week; but, the drive home was slowed by sleet and freezing rain.
- The Wife’s new glasses are finally ready. We both have very poor vision so our glasses generally take a LONG time to make. They are also gigantically expensive since only a few labs make what we want. They look really good on her. Perhaps we’ll put them I a post.