I’ve been dealing a lot recently with offshore teams who can barely speak English. It’s not been a good experience. It’s taking so long for the simplest of things that it’s definitely not saving money. And that doesn’t even count the aggravation its caused. Plus, in addition to the language barrier, they just aren’t very smart. Is it Friday yet?
- I fixed an issue with the plugin that generates the local weather so now the weather is back in the side bar. Unfortunately, it’s kinda depressing.
- I also renewed my computer anti-virus subscription. I can remember the days when such things were truly unnecessary. The internet has come a long way and not everything is good.
- Usually I think that merchants start the holiday season too early; but I am already more than ready for Christmas. I’m already thinking about my online Black Friday shopping.
- I’m debating whether to leave the lawn mower set up in anticipation of cutting the grass one more time or prep the snow blower. Sadly, there is already a chance for a dusting of snow this coming weekend.
It still seems weird having free time on weekday evenings after rowing on a regular schedule for most of the summer. Especially since gets dark so early. Next summer seems a long time away.
Some animal, presumably a deer, damaged the fence around our backyard. That’s life in the suburbs; but, it’s still a nuisance. Especially since fencing is hard to find during the fall and winter. Hopefully we won’t have any more large animal problems for a long time.
The camera battery I “found” in a drawer seems to have a lot more life than the one I was nursing along. Obviously, it’s not a good as a new one; but, thinking back, I retired it because it wasn’t … Continue reading
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- We’ve prepped our boat for the winter over the weekend. So, no more rowing for us even if there is a warm day.
- I’ll probably cut the grass one or two more times; but, it’s almost time to be winterize the lawn mower and get the snow blower ready.
- I’m doing a better job of adjusting to the time change this fall. I’m not sure why this year is better than years past.
- Our long weekend was a great mini-vacation. Days in November like the ones we had don’t come around too often.
It’s November and the time change is this coming weekend so we’ve likely had out last weekday evening row of the year if not our last row. We kinda enjoy sunset rows. But; cold, dark rows after sunset aren’t much fun. And the temperature drops rapidly after sundown. So, we’ll just hope for some sunny weekends before the water gets too cold. It’s been a good year for us and we’ve really improved which makes the end of the season even more bittersweet. Hopefully the winter will be mild and spring will come early.