The temporary dog decided to chase a skunk while she was home visiting. It’s good she’s not athletic and didn’t get too close. Otherwise it would have been a long cold night. She wouldn’t have even needed a bath except she didn’t like the smell that was still hanging in the air and decided to roll around in the grass where the skunk had been. Thankfully there wasn’t much residue.
- I’ve discover that I don’t really mind working out on an indoor rowing machine. It’s obviously not as fun as being on the water. But it’s not as boring as monotonous as I thought it would be.
- I didn’t take long to get use to my new glasses. Probably because my old ones weren’t the correct prescription any more. Amazingly, my prescription still changes every year.
- I’m starting to look for a new music player for my phone since my current one doesn’t have an easy way to arrange play lists. Drag and drop isn’t very useful once you have a lot of songs.
- It’s been a long time since we’ve had a bright sunny day. I know that’s what happens in the winter around here; but I would still love to feel the sun.
You can’t tell from the pictures since we’re not wearing them; but, The Wife and I both got new glasses this week. It’s a bit of a nuisance to wear glasses, especially if you are active like we are. Thankfully, … Continue reading
The rain has been so dirty that my car looks like I haven’t washed it in weeks even though I just washed it this past weekend. I really like my car. But, since it’s a darker color, it shows the slightest bit of dirt. I’m probably destined to become the best customer of the local automatic car wash.
January is really zooming along. Hopefully, February will fly past as well. I’ve been trying really hard to not gain weight this winter while we’re stuck inside of not following our regular exercise schedule. A few pounds shouldn’t be too difficult to lose. But it’s still easier to not gain any weight and have nothing to do. Today, I’m about where I want to be. So, it’s all good.
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- We got out and ran in the park on Saturday in shorts and spring-weight shirts. We don’t often have the opportunity to do that in January. Usually we’re stuck working out inside.
- Since the NFL games weren’t very entertaining on Sunday, we watched some Blu-Rays instead. It’s always having a few movies in our library that we haven’t watched.
- Since I started buying musing from Amazon, iTunes updates are starting to be really annoying. Especially since they require a reboot to install features and functions that we never use.
- I am tired of all the rain that we’ve been having. It’s much better than snow. But I would really like to see the sun.
I know it won’t last; but the weekend is supposed to be a warm respite from our typical January weather. We might even be able to get out and row if our boat wasn’t still packed away for the winter. We will definitely be able to get outside on Saturday and Sunday. We’re hoping for more sun than clouds; but, it should be good no matter what. Have a great weekend!
Here is another part of the movie we made (without any cropping). Making new videos definitely helps chase away the winter blues. We miss our outdoor summer activities; but, we love the NSFW things we do indoors.
When I was driving back to work today after lunch, I saw someone drive left of center because the left turn lane was closed due to construction and they didn’t know what to do. They didn’t get back on the right side for several blocks, narrowly avoiding several cars even though the was plenty of room and people were trying to let them in. Some people really panic in unexpected situations.