When I was creating the photos for this post I saw that I had accidentally used the wrong name for the two of the media files I used last week. Amazingly, even though its 2018, renaming a file in the media library is still something that WordPress cannot do. I know that there are plugins that can mostly do it. But, its baffling why such a simple task is not built into the base package. I know I can’t be the only one who occasionally makes a typographical error in a file name. Meanwhile, the developers have added a very rudimentary media editing capability even though there are already many other full-featured alternatives.
P.S. I did make sure to spell everything correctly today.