You can still see the remnants of our tan from our time in the sun two weeks ago. It certainly isn’t from around here. Its mostly been cloudy and rainy. And, even though its almost May, we’ve almost never had … Continue reading
- Our pool is open! I’m still vacuuming earthworms out and the water is freezing cold; but it still makes our backyard look more like spring.
- As predicted, I cut the grass this weekend. Of course, my next-door neighbor cut his TWICE. Once on Friday and once on Sunday. Which was expected since I cut mine on Saturday.
- I also got the mulch in down the front yard. So, while it was a bad weekend for outdoor activities near the river, it was a good weekend for around the house things.
- No spoilers here; but we watched the latest Avengers movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s got to be a highly anticipated movie for us to go to the theater rather than wait for the Blu-Ray.
Frustratingly. the river only stayed rowable for a day and a half before the water went up again. For people who like outdoor activities, all the high water we have been having is annoying. Since most of the local multi-purpose trails are near the river, we can’t run or ride or bikes either. I definitely will have time to cut the grass this weekend which should make the next door neighbor happy. Have a great weekend.
After what seemed like ages; but was actually only a week, the river and nearby bike paths were finally clear and we able to return to our regular outside activities. Rainy Aprils are not unusual, especially for around here. It’s just a bit frustrating after spending time in a warmer and sunnier location where heavy rain is only a problem when it’s actually raining.
Several inconsiderate drivers who were accustomed using a service alley near where I work as a shortcut didn’t realize that it was closed and have barely avoided running their cars into construction equipment. There are signs; but they are not visible far enough away at the speeds they were going. Speeding through a narrow alley is a bad idea even if there wasn’t any construction. Of course, they are much too impatient to go around a few blocks on one-way streets.
I am not sure how well the picture shows it; but I got sunburn on the top of my head while we were on our spring break trip last week. Having peeling skin on your head is annoying. But I would rather be “recovering” from too much sun versus siting inside waiting for warmer weather. Of course, the best thing is to get enough sun so that neither is likely. Hopefully we will soon have plenty of warm, sunny days around here.
- If you observe such things, we hope that you had a great Easter Weekend.
- We are back from a 5-day spring break in a warm and sunny destination. It was fabulous. We actually returned the middle last week. It just took us a while to catch up on things after being on the road for so long. We’re back into our regular grove, though we would much rather not be.
- I did finally cut the grass this past weekend. It was still a bit scraggly from the winter so it didn’t really need cutting before we left; but it certainly grew in while we were gone. It’s good I have a powerful lawn mower since it was still wet from the rain on Saturday.
- It was cold, then it was rainy and now the river is too high. So, we haven’t rowed much recently. We have ridden our bicycles some; but, many of the bike paths are flooded too. Springtime is great after the long winter; but it would be even better without so much rain.
My next-door neighbor has already cut his grass TWICE this week. Meanwhile, I still haven’t started mowing yet. Our yard is getting to the point where it needs cutting; but, it’s only recently started to turn green. I’m sure I’ll start cutting the grass in early April someday. Just not this year. It’s not long. Only slightly unkempt. Once I cut it, it will be the same length as the neighbors.
A K-Cup came apart while being brewed in our single-serve coffee maker and got grounds everywhere. I finally had to partially disassemble the unit to get everything cleaned out. We enjoy the varieties of single serve. But the coffee makers themselves a lot more finicky than a traditional coffee maker. Hopefully we won’t have another problem for a while.