Monthly Archives: December 2019
Monday Monologue #369
An interior monologue from me (and sometimes the wife).
- I’ve caught a bad head cold. Not unusual for this time of year; but relatively rare for me. I’ve been fortunate to seldom get sick for most of my life. Of course, that makes me extra miserable when I am.
- We got outside and rowed on Saturday. After almost two months of being stuck inside, it was good to be back on the water.
- It still seems a bit weird working while The Wife is off. It’s OK since there’s not a lot to do since it’s rainy and dreary outside. But, it is strange.
- I got a new fitness tracker with much-improved battery life for Christmas. Unlike my old one, it’s still going strong after five days. Great to eliminate a nuisance that I didn’t even know I had.
Friday Featurette #368
Traditional Thursday #368
Wednesday Weirdness #368
We saw the new Star Wars movie today. The concession stand was extremely disorganized. Clerks would randomly walk away from their station so you didn’t know what line to get in. I didn’t even complain on the online survey. I’m sure having to serve people non-stop on Christmas is no fun.
Tuesday Two For #368
Monday Monologue #368
- For the first time in many, many years, I am working this week and not vacation. It’s was weird getting up this morning; especially since The Wife is on vacation.
- We have our tickets to see the new Star Wars movie later his week. Hopefully we won’t see or hear any spoilers before we get to watch it.
- Now that we have our own fitness equipment in the basement, The Wife and I are doing most of our workouts at home. It’s nice to be able to set our own schedule, particularly on Sundays when our gyms have limited hours.
- I seem to be catching a cold. I’m just hoping it’s not the flu. Obviously, I don’t really have a choice; but I hate being sick.
Friday Featurette #367
I like having a fitness tracker except when I need to charge the battery. The cradle is a bit finicky and sometimes it doesn’t make a good connection. So, it doesn’t charge when I set it down and I have to start the process all over again. Not a big deal if I’m just sitting at the desk. But a nuisance if I was planning on a workout. It’s not necessary. But it is nice to keep track of things.
The sun is out here and the some of the snow is melting! Perhaps that’s an omen.
Have a great weekend.
Traditional Thursday #367
Modern technology is great except when it is wrong. The “check vent” light on our dryer came on. Checking the vent is easy. But moving everything out of the way, getting the ducting disconnected and reconnected is a pain. And, after all of that, I didn’t find any obstructions despite checking every bend and curve. I did, however manage to get covered in dust and lint. The machine likely mis identified what it was drying and though it should dry sooner or with less heat.
Wednesday Weirdness #367
The battery on my phone has been lasting noticeably longer since I uninstalled my work email account. I knew I was getting bombarded; but that really highlights the situation. I still get a lot of personal emails across my various accounts too. But they aren’t as long to read since they aren’t a long chain of forwarded emails. It wasn’t the sync that was causing the problem. It was the screen being on for a long time while I was reading and sometimes responding.