Today is the last day of the month and we are happy to put January into the past. It hasn’t been a bad month. In fact, its been “good” as cold, dreary winter months go. We didn’t even have much snow. But, it’s still not any fun being stuck indoors for people who like to be outside. Have a great weekend. Good luck to your team in the big game on Sunday.
Monthly Archives: January 2020
Traditional Thursday #372
Wednesday Weirdness #372
I got two packages in the same day form the same online vendor for merchandise that were on the same order. I know that the items were shipped form from separate warehouses; but it still seems odd that they don’t have a more robust way of consolidating shipments
Tuesday Two For #372
Monday Monologue #372
- I was on the phone for an hour on Saturday unsuccessfully trying to resolve an issue with my new phone. The Customer Support person was friendly; but, not very technical. Every time I asked a question, he would have to put me on hold and go find someone who knew the answer.
- It is nice having a phone that I don’t need to charge part way through the day. I bought a charger for my desk at work so it wasn’t a big deal. But it’s nice to not need it.
- After watching the ProBowl yesterday, I am ready for some real football. I felt like I was watching an early season, intra-squad scrimmage
- RIP, KBB.
Friday Featurette #371
Today was an exceptionally dreary day. It wasn’t quite as cold as it has been. But there was a cold rain the entire day. And after a very busy Saturday last week, I am really looking forward to this coming weekend since I have nothing but my usually Saturday stuff to do, and my Sunday is totally free.
Have a great weekend.
Traditional Thursday #371
The Wife and I are really enjoying having exercise equipment at home. Especially on these cold, dreary winter days. We don’t have to get bundled up for the walk from the car to the gym. Now, our only concern is being too hot while we work out. And, if that is our only problem, then we really don’t have any problems.
Wednesday Weirdness #371
Going to work in the morning, I drive on a section of road where the speed limit goes from 50mph to 35mph to 25pmh in a very short distance. A well-marked and highly visible police car sometimes sits at the start of the 25mph zone. As easy as the vehicle is to see, I’m amazed that anyone gets caught speeding. But, apparently, some drives don’t pay any attention at all to their surroundings.
Tuesday Two For #371
We had to stop and get a towel in the middle of or photo session to make sure that we didn’t get anything on the bed. It was a bit of an inconvenience; but, if that’s the worst thing that … Continue reading
Monday Monologue #371
- Unlike The Wife, today is just another workday for me. I wish I it was a holiday for me. But, despite having worked for many different companies over the years. None of them have ever been in an industry that observed today’s holiday.
- It turned very cold this weekend. We had been having a “mild” winter for around here. But now we’re having more typical weather temperature-wise. It’s always dark and dreary. And now its dark, dreary and bitter cold.
- I had to unexpectedly get a new phone recently. On Saturday, I pulled my hone out of my pocket and there was a green streak down the entire right side of the screen. So, it was off to the phone store where I got the “economy” model. Which is to say it was expensive rather than super, expensive or super, super expensive.
- Our microwave oven was on its last legs, so we ordered a new one online. It won’t be here for two weeks. Hopefully the current one will at that long. It’s the over the range style so removing the old one and instilling the new one will not be a quick and task.